The Higher Education Commission (HEC) in Islamabad announced HEC Need-Based Scholarships to undergraduate students enrolled in the country’s 98 universities. HEC Need-based Scholarships are available to students enrolled in undergraduate programmes at public sector institutions and its sub-campuses. Only students who have been admitted on the basis of open merit are eligible to apply. Self-finance students are not eligible to qualify for a HEC need-based scholarship.
There is no shortage of smart young people in Pakistan, but a lack of resources stops them from fulfilling their full potential in many cases. When it comes to higher education, this is especially troublesome. The Pakistani government recognises these limitations and has entrusted the Higher Education Commission with assisting needy and qualified students with need-based scholarships.
The universities announce HEC need-based scholarships. Students must complete the application form found on the HEC website and submit it to their particular university’s Financial Aid office. Students cannot apply to the HEC directly. Universities choose candidates and submit their application forms to HEC.
What does the scholarship cover?
The Needs Based Scholarship program covers funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee
- Stipend (Rs. 6000 per Month)
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at Undergraduate level in all disciplines at HEC selected public sector Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions.
- Students need to compete for securing admission at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 years) programs.
- Students in financial need who are already enrolled in participating institutions are also eligible to apply.
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to his/her financial needs as assessed by the Institutional Scholarship Award Committee. The financial background of the family of the applicant will be kept in view in this regard.
- The number of slots will be decided by the universities.
- Funding for slots will continue for the complete duration of the program. In case any students drop out, they will be replaced by other candidates on the waiting list.
- All disciplines will be kept open. The selected university will decide whether to include or exclude any discipline keeping in view its grant, program cost, and number of allocated slots, etc.
- In the case of Medicine, Pharm-D and other five year programs, funding will be made available for the complete program.
- Considering the allocated grant, the university may adjust the total number of scholarships to an extent in order to cover the tuition fees.
- In addition to the tuition fee, every grantee will be paid Rs.6000/- stipend per month for the complete program.
- Those students who secure admission on self-finance are not eligible for HEC Need-Based Scholarship Program
How to apply for HEC Need Based Scholarship 2022
- Interested applicants can receive the Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution
The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same Financial Aid office (at university only) after completion. (HEC will not accept any application form directly)
Students need to secure admission to any one of the approved disciplines at the participating Universities/Institutions as per their admission criteria.
Please note that those students who are already enrolled in university can also apply for the scholarship.
Please note that under this scholarships scheme, the funds are not transferred directly to students by HEC. The payment is made to the students through participating universities/institutions.
34 thoughts on “HEC Need Based Scholarship 2023-2024”
Assalamualaikum sir,as the scholarship has come about two months before while islamia College University Peshawer has still not given it to the students.We enquire them on daily bases but they are not working on it.We are in really need of this as we have to pay our hostels fee and we haven’t payed it for last couple of months.
It is requested to you to please ask them about this why are they taking so long in just making checks.
Sir, I want to apply to Bs nursing
Can I apply to this scholarship for
Bs nursing. I belong to a poor family. I really need this scholarship.
Aoa sir scholarship form to 2020-2021 ka arha ??? 2023 -2024 ka nai arha???
I am flood effected student highly needed this scholorship
Plz sir if you tell me it’s last date of submission?
Is there any relaxation for disabled students?
Pu students k liye kB ay gi
apny department walon se poch lo unko email aya hoga.
Mai khud Pu ka student hon
For flood scholarship u can apply diya scholarship..
More detail..sms me whtsapp..0316-6034355
My brother is doing CA, and we are from. A middle class family, and no keeping in view the inflation, its hard to make both ends meet, can he get a scholarship?
Great thanks for HEC 😇
Is students of 3 rd semester can also apply for it
In which class..
For more detail…u can ask.me Question on whtsapp sms..0316-6034355
I need a scholarship from HEC in order to complete my education.
Financial issues I can’t afford higher studies
How did I fill my application form and send it to website ?
I am in Fsc right now could i choose university of my own choice ?
Keep updating about scholarship and opportunities.
Why are there no government scholarships for self finance students ?
They also face many financial issues just like the other students, they do secure a seat in government university on basis of merit , and then pay a huge fee for the degree, but a lack of resources stops them from completing their degree and so causes many other problems. Non-self finance students already have a little fee in comparison with the self finance students, and still they are offered need based scholarships, neglecting many other needy self finance students. It a humble request to please provide need based scholarships to all students irrespective of this thing that whether a student is in morning batch or a self finance student as both get admitted on basis of pure merit.
Need me scholarship
Form fill & submitt Uni or college
Sir, those students who have submitted their fees themselves, cannot apply for this scholarship??
Kya ya affiliated university k ley b available hy??
Need me scholarship sir thank
Ye Tu form 2020 to 2021 Ka AA rhaa ha scholarships Tu 2k23-24 kii ha plzzz reply last date kab ki ha
Plzzz reply last date kab kii h
Hello sir , I am a needy student i have no more soure of income
How I apply for this HEC need based scholarship??
Last date kiya ha iss scholarship ki
Are MPhil scholars eligible for this scholarship?
Assalamualaikum iss main form main tou 2020 -21 hec need based scholarship show kar raha hai..2023-24 show nahi kar rha hai..!!