The Ministry of Human Rights and Minorities under the auspices of the Government of Punjab is extending additional educational grants for exceptionally gifted and meritorious students. Qualified candidates are invited to submit applications for the PEEF Special Quota Scholarship 2023-24. The Punjab Education Endowment Fund (PEEF) is facilitating scholarships to students facing financial constraints, specifically targeting those pursuing Intermediate and Graduation degrees. Individuals who completed their matriculation are eligible to apply for PEEF Scholarships under a specialized quota.
PEEF has designated 20% of its overall scholarships for the Special Quota (SQ) category. Both male and female students who have successfully concluded their education through any Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) or the Federal Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (FBISE) are encouraged to apply for these scholarships. It is important to note that only students affiliated with BISE and FBISE boards are eligible to apply, as those who have graduated from TEVTA/PBTE are not considered eligible for the PEEF scholarship.
PEEF has dedicated 20% of its overall scholarship offerings to the Special Quota (SQ) segment. Scholarships under the Special Quota are bestowed across five distinct categories:
- Offspring of government employees falling within the BPS 1-4 bracket (eligibility extends to both currently serving and retired government servants)
- Progeny of individuals adhering to minority religions
- Specially-abled children
- Offspring of civilians who have tragically lost their lives in terrorist attacks.
Eligibility Requirements for Intermediate and Graduation Levels
1. **Residency Status:**
– Possession of a provincial/territorial/domicile status.
2. **Educational Qualifications:**
– Successful completion of the Matriculation or Intermediate Examination conducted annually by the respective Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education.
3. **Academic Performance:**
– Attainment of a minimum of 60% marks in the aforementioned examination.
4. **Admission Status:**
– Enrollment in a regular educational institution as a full-time student within the same year of passing the examination.
5. **Institution Type:**
– Completion of examinations from a Government Institution in the respective province/territory.
6. **Financial Criteria:**
– Parental monthly income (aggregate from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 35,000/-
7. **Special Quota Scholarship Criteria:**
– Eligibility for Special Quota Scholarships is determined by falling into at least one of the following categories:
– Orphan Children
– Children of government servants in BPS 1-4
– Children belonging to a minority religion
– Special Children
– Children of civilians martyred in terrorist attacks
– Children of government employees in BPS 1-4 are exempted from the income limit criteria if salary is their sole source of income.
– Children of civilians martyred in terrorist attacks are also exempted from the monthly income limit of Rs. 35,000/-
**Note:** Applicants must not be recipients of any other educational scholarship during the respective academic year.
How to apply for PEEF Special Education Scholarship for Intermediate & Graduation
All eligble candidate can apply for PEEF Special Education Scholarship for Intermediate & Graduation 2023-24 through online application process mentioned below.
Deadline for the PEEF Special Education Scholarship for Intermediate & Graduation is 30 November, 2023.