In 2010, the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program – Pakistan (Global UGRAD-Pakistan) was launched by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the United States Department of State. The program in Pakistan is administered by the United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and in the United States by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).
Within a short life-span, the Global UGRAD has gained immense popularity among the Pakistani university going students. With the first batch of 100 fellows of the 2010-11 Global UGRAD-Pakistan returned to Pakistan to complete their undergraduate degrees at Pakistani universities.
The Global UGRAD program is designed to award undergraduate Pakistani students enrolled at a university in Pakistan. The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non-degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S.
Applicants of this program are required to be in either their 14th or 15th year of formal education.
Students enrolled in either, a four-year bachelor’s program or a two-year bachelor’s programs are eligible to apply.
- Pakistani citizens
- 25 years or younger
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- In their 14th or 15th year of formal education
- Applicants are required to submit current/most recent, and old transcripts with application
- Dual U.S./Pakistani nationals or U.S. permanent residents
- Those who have a parent or spouse who is a U.S. citizen, permanent U.S. resident, or has a pending U.S. immigration
- Employees of the Fulbright organization, the U.S. Department of State, or USAID and their spouses, children, fiancés, siblings, dependents, and parents
- Students in their final year of university
How to apply
The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program is advertised every year (please check for availability) by September/October. Application form is required to be submitted online. All supporting documents, such as photocopies of transcripts including an explanation of grading scale of university issuing the degree, are to be attached to the online application before submission. Scan copies of all your university attested transcripts must be uploaded online including the most recent transcript.
NOTE: Only selected students will be required to provide Reference Letters and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current academic institution