The Prime Minister Free Laptop Scheme registration schedule for 2023 has been released. The deadline for PM Laptop scheme applications is June 20, 2023. At the PM Youth Program’s official website, www.laptop.pmyp.gov.pk, students can submit an online application.
The Prime Minister Youth Programe includes an announcement by the Pakistani government to bring back the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme. 1 lakh laptops will be handed to kids as part of this programme. Shaza Fatima Khawaja, the special assistant to the prime minister for youth affairs, made this announcement.
Students can submit their online application for PM laptop scheme till 20 June, 2023. Ms. Shaza Fatima highlighted that the laptop scheme will help students continue their education online and pave the way to explore online work options available worldwide
Eligibility Criteria for PM Youth laptop Scheme
- Candidate must possess a current CNIC/B-Form number.
- students enrolled in 18-year programmes leading to a PhD, MS, MPhil, or equivalent.
- Students enrolling in daytime and evening 4- or 5-year bachelor’s degree programmes.
- Three year MBA programmes (3.5 years, 2.5 years, and 1.5 years) have students enrolled.
- By the deadline for application submission, which is December 31, 2022, you must still be enrolled in school.
- Students must enrol by December 31, 2022, but not earlier than the start of the programme they have chosen, as shown in the table below.
- Bringing improvement in quality of science and technology education, including ICT.
- Developing partnerships between industries and their education & training providers.
- Enabling smart campuses to facilitate instant networking and an improved learning environment.
- Boost productivity and value addition in the manufacturing sector.
- To ensure the potential of IT is fully used for benefiting the education sector.
- Increase productivity and efficiency by providing advanced IT technologies.
Contours aligned with the Vision:
- Computers are identified as one of the drivers of future development.
- Helping in achieving the digitization of every school, college, and university.
- Chipping in with the major component (i.e., devices) in the concept of Smart Campus Systems.
- Helping in exploiting the full potential of IT benefiting the education sector.
The scheme is envisioned to promote outreach of youth to information and communication technologies (ICTs) as to bridge the digital divide not only within the higher education sector but across other sectors as well, and to the communities throughout the country.
List of Eligible Universities
HOW TO APPLY:
Students are advised to Apply Online by Registering or Updating Profile at the following link of Students’ Service Portal. (Students can apply through web portal or through Mobile App).
20th June 2023