MEXT Award 2022-2023 is a fully financed foreign student scholarship. This Scholarship covers undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and training programmes. The MEXT scholarship will cover tuition, housing, a monthly living stipend, and round-trip flights from your home country to Japan.
Under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) awards scholarships to overseas students who intend to study at Japanese institutions as undergraduate or research (masters / PhD) students.
The MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship application cycle is usually issued in April. However, owing to COVID-19, the application announcement has been postponed this year. However, most nations have just announced the MEXT Scholarship 2021. This scholarship does not need knowledge of Japanese or the IELTS/TOEFL.
- Education Fees
- Traveling Expenses
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)of Japan offers scholarships For Undergraduate, Master & Doctoral Degree in the fields which you have studied in Your Country.
- Japan has over 700 universities, with 10 ranked in the top 200 worldwide
- Japan is a safe, peaceful place to study
- Low tuition fees and generous scholarships
- Take advantage of job opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2023
- Applicants must be citizens of a country with which Japan maintains diplomatic ties.
- Applicants who are Japanese citizens at the time of application are ineligible.
- Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 years old and under 25 years old, with a minimum of 12 years of schooling or courses equivalent to a high school diploma (includes prospective graduates)
- You must be under 35 years old and a college graduate to apply for a Masters or PhD programme (includes prospective graduates). Alternatively, you must have completed 16 or 18 years of schooling.
- You must be under 35 years old and a graduate of a college or teacher training college to be considered for teacher training. You must have worked as a teacher at a primary, secondary, or teacher training college in your country for at least five years.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 for Japanese study students. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools in a university outside of Japan that major in Japanese language or Japanese culture at the time of their visit to Japan, and must be enrolled in their home institution when they return to their home countries.
How to apply for MEXT Scholarship 2023
- Download the application form related to your studies level from here.
- Fill out the MEXT scholarship application form after downloading it.
- Send the relevant documents to the Japanese Embassy in your country .
- The Japanese Embassy will administer a written test.
- Following that, the candidates will be interviewed.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email via the embassy’s website.
Deadline for MEXT Scholarship
Application deadline for MEXT Scholarship is May 31, 2022