For Bachelor’s, One-Tier Master’s, Master’s, and PhD studies, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) invites Pakistani/AJ&K nationals to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme (2022-23), which was launched by the Hungarian Government for Bachelor’s, One-Tier Master’s, Master’s, and PhD studies.
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
Under the following programmes, Stipendium Hungaricum scholarships are offered for Pakistani students who meet basic qualifying criteria in selected subjects and other requirements of Hungarian universities:
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) (after 12 years education)
Master’s Degree in One Level (after 12 years education)
Master of Arts (MA) (after 16 years education)
PhD (after 17 or 18 years of schooling)
- The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJ&K citizen.
- For undergraduate programmes, you must be between the ages of 18 and 22. Students seeking for Masters degree programmes should not be older than 35 years old. In the case of PhD programmes, the maximum age limit is 40 years (on last day of deadline).
- For applications to Bachelor’s (Undergraduate Program) and One-Tier Master’s degrees, such as DVM, DPharm, and others, the candidate must have completed HSSC/Intermediate or equivalent.
- In order to apply for a Master’s degree, the candidate must have finished a 16-year bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree (Postgraduate Program).
- For admission to the PhD programme, the applicant must have completed an 18-year degree or its equivalent.
- The applicant must complete all fields on the Hungary application form as well as the HEC application form, with no columns left blank.
- Attesting agencies such as IBCC and HEC must certify certificates, transcripts, and degrees to be attached. IBCC O and A level equivalence is required.
- It is the sole responsibility of students applying for any professional degree (Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Architecture, Law, Veterinary Medicine, etc.) to obtain confirmation of accreditation from the respective Councils, namely the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (
- Where relevant, the Hungarian side must submit IELTS/TOEFL results.
- All candidates must produce a medical certificate stating that they are in good health (issued no earlier than November 15, 2021).
Program and Host Institution
AVAILABLE PROGRAMS AND HOST INSTITUTIONS
Applicants are eligible to apply for those scholarship types and specified study fields as defined by HEC and that are also determined in the educational cooperation programmes in effect between Hungary and the Sending Partner i.e. Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
Please visit the following website for more information about all degree programs and fields of study.
https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/study-finder/, however, applicants are instructed to apply only against specific degree programmes and in specified study fields/major subjects defined by HEC.
ADDITION OF STUDY FIELDS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2022
a. Under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2022-23, following study fields are offered for Pakistani/AJK nationals exclusively on open merit basis.
|Program||Study fields||Host Universities|
|PhD/Doctorate (5 seats)||Sports Sciences||As offered by Hungarian Institutions/Universities|
|One tier Master’s (10 seats for medicine/general medicine & 5 seats for dentistry)||Medicine/General Medicine, Dentistry||*General Medicine 1. Institution: University of Szeged Duration of the course / programme: 12 semesters Website: http://www.med.u-szeged.hu/fs 2. Institution: University of Pécs Duration of the course / programme: 12 semesters Website: https://international.pte.hu/study- programs/general-medicine-english *Medicine 1. Institution: Semmelweis University Duration of the course / programme: 12 semesters Website: https://semmelweis.hu/english/faculties/medicine/ 2. Institution: University of Debrecen Duration of the course / programme: 12 semesters Website: https://edu.unideb.hu/p/faculty-of- medicine *Dentistry Institution: University of Pécs
Duration of the course / programme: 10 semesters
Institution: University of Debrecen
Duration of the course / programme: 10 semesters Website: https://edu.unideb.hu/p/dentistry-full-time-graduate-program *All these institutions are included in Category A of PMC
|Bachelor’s Program (10 seats)||Physical Training (Sport Sciences)||As offered by Hungarian Institutions/Universities|
b. HEC approved study fields can be found here.
POLICY OF PAKISTAN MEDICAL COMMISSION (PMC) REGARDING MEDICINE & DENTISTRY IN HUNGARY:
Hungary is in list A of PMC including four medical institutions of Hungary. As per policy, only those graduate from these colleges would be facilitated in obtaining a license in Pakistan if they fulfill the following requirements, as per current policy of PMC:
- The program these students enter must be the same as that for the nationals of Hungary, the institution must not have a separate track for foreign students.
- Pakistani students must complete their house jobs in the foreign country from where they have graduated; this should be recognized by the relevant authorities of that country.
- The graduates should get a license in that country issued by a foreign regulatory body.
It is the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Architecture, Law, Veterinary Medicine, technology etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC), Pakistan Technology Council etc.
It is further stated that Entry in all undergraduate engineering program is banned under Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program 2022-23 batch.
Applications will not be considered in the following cases:
- Hungarian citizens (including those with dual citizenships)
- Applications misrepresenting any information, even if the misrepresentation is pointed out after the scholarship is awarded.
How to apply:
Eligible applicants can apply online at https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/
Deadline for This scholarship is 15th January 2022